A Warehouse & Logistics Manager is the supply chain key player in mitigating physical and financial inventory risks. They are also responsible for planning for and effectively managing storage space, product damage repair & returns.
- Continuous maintenance, development & implementation stock control policies and procedures.
- Approving of Inventory Records Accuracy (IRA) as maintained by controllers and assistants
- Take full ownership of stock control process using a Physical wall to wall (W2W) or daily or cycle count method. Agree stock take counts and values with Finance
- Check and approve Stock Purchase Order Requisitions and manage/supervise the following through of the process as per Stock Purchase Policy.
- Investigate and justify all variances between System and physical inventory in a timely manner. Monitor inventory discrepancies.
- Report the results of regular count checks.
- Manage storage capacity to ensure maximum utilization of available space and receiving plans can be met.
- Responsible for creating and using models to forecast future stock needs
- Establish and implement process improvements.
- Provide day to day leadership of stock control team, set targets and monitor performance according to job descriptions.
- Establish performance measurements and review. Monthly performance appraisal routines are maintained
- Monitor security and implement improvements where necessary.
- Provide all in & out inventory transactions procedures to ensure efficient and speedy processes & accurate system vs. physical inventory books.
- Responsible for material movement from and to Technical Department are done on timely manner.
- Manage daily overstock, slow moving, and damages.
- Execute product return plans & scrap sales.
- Customer liaison, suppliers and transport companies
- Liaison with Human Resources for recruitment and training
- Health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment
- University graduate / or related diploma degree (with adequate financial knowledge and understanding)
- 2-3 years’ experience in telecoms retail.
- 3-5 years’ experience in stock control.
- Advanced reporting & Computer skills.
- Analytical capabilities.
- Self-starter and personally motivated